And apparently without COVID insurance and it could bring down Adventure Line if someone is caught with it. Incredible jeopardy.
Anyway, they’re about halfway through filming 11 episodes (plus eight Toujours Plus Forts!) and they’re promising it won’t be a “wasted” series. Here’s what we’ve gathered so far.
- There will be social distancing and games have been reworked to allow this. Whatsmore, teams are reduced to five from six. Also, as I understand it (and may have misunderstood it), teams will stick around the Treasure Room and Passe-Partout will deliver people to their cells, not unlike the bonus challenges on Toujours Plus Fort! last year. Passe-Muraille will also be there, although whether he’ll be dressing up a lot I don’t know.
- Lady and (new) Mr Boo will return in non-contact capacity. We *believe* Willy Rovelli’s back – although they won’t be playing Restaurant and he’s only tweeted once about being in La Rochelle since start of filming. Blanche/Rouge return, as does The Cage in some capacity. The Genie is back. New characters include Cyril Feraud as Cyril Gossbo – the “perfect” television host made up to look like a nightmarish real-life Ken doll with a new gungy quiz, and there was a picture released last night of a door with what looks like a fortune teller on, who looks a little bit like Steve Pemberton’s “local shops for local people” character from League of Gentlemen.
- Other new doors that have been revealed so far include what looks like some sort of waiting room, and a big purple door with a question mark and an illuminati-style eye. Also there’s a picture of a sort of invitation from Blanche for a new thing.
- Mud fight has gone (because of COVID) so Miss France won’t be able to collect on her prize this year – but it’s disappeared and come back before. Time Travel has gone but that was probably always a one-off for the thirtieth anniversary last year so not too surprising. Percolator’s gone but that’s had its time (and Hotel is the superior spinny-floor game anwyay). Recycling’s gone but that never really lived up to its Star Wars trash-compactor idea anyway.
- They’ll be wearing masks on enterting the fort and masks in the Treasure Room, but it looks like contestants will be mask free for most of it.
It’s usually worth keeping an eye out on sites like fortboyard.net who trawl the social media sites to get daily filming information.
In other news, in theory the new Microids game Escape Game: Fort Boyard comes out for all major formats July 7th. Featuring “over 25 events!”