Well it’s been a while since I’ve done this, but as we’re here let’s do it again. The times in the square brackets are roughly the time you can expect the clue to go up (although it might be a bit earlier/later depending on circumstance), you should ignore them when it comes to making your guesses.
Here are four things, what connects them?
- Button Moon
Bonus clues for half a point or something:
- Fame Academy
- Bruce Forsyth and the Generation Game
- This Morning
- The Paul Daniels Magic Show
And the answer is… hidden behind a cut.
The connection is they are all TV programmes that prominently feature/d a real life married couple:
- Sharpe – Sean Bean and Abagail Cruttenden (this might not have been a very good clue in retrospect – they met playing husband and wife on the show and married in 1997 where three episodes went out. Divorced a few years later.)
- Spellbound – Yes, not the dance troupe but the Sky One quiz show hosted by Paul Coia and later with his wife Debbie Greenwood.
- Button Moon – theme song by Peter Davison and Sandra Dickinson.
- Watchdog – hosted for years by Lynn Faulds Wood and John Stapleton.
And the bonus clues, easier to figure out:
- Fame Academy - David and Carrie Grant (The Heaven and Earth Show might have been a more accurate clue, I think).
- Crackerjack – Ian and
JimmyJeanette Krankie. I do not know if Stu Francis and Sara Hollamby were ever married but I suspect not.
- Bruce Forsyth and The Generation Game – Wording very important here of course, he met Anthea Redfern, they married.
- This Morning - With Richard Madeley and his wife Judy Finnegan.
- The Paul Daniels Magic Show – Paul Daniels and The Lovely Debbie McGee.
So there we are. Mark D was oh so close but really his answer didn’t quite fit the other clues, so that means the winner is Smogo! Well done Smogo.
Join us next time for another round of Questions Too Esoteric For Only Connect. Goodbye!