Alright, the Olympics are practically over and we have to get back to normality (until the Paralympics start). In the meantime you ought to know that my e-mail is currently buggered, so if you need to get me then try and catch me on Twitter or something.
Here’s what’s interesting on this week:
- The Great Escape – Glad I stuck with this. (Sunday night, TNT in the US).
- Pointless – New episodes! They’ve just recorded 100 more, and I think there were still episodes left over from the last batch they recorded. So look out for more repeats in about a fortnight’s time. (Monday, 5:15pm. BBC1)
- Amazing Race Australia – The final three episodes of what has been an enjoyable series go out Monday – Wednesday nights.
- Big Brother – I’m going to lump all of it here. It’s the civilian final of BBUK on Monday night (9pm, Five) and then Celebrity BBUK begins on Wednesday (9pm, Five). Whatsmore new Australian BB starts on Monday on Channel 9.
- The Olympbrig Boxing – Poker! Tuesday at 8:30 and all the details here. I’m currently looking a bit lonely 🙁
- And that’s it until…
- All New Total Wipeout – all old jokes. (Saturday, 5:25pm, BBC1)
- Red or Black – We’ll have a show discussion thread about this. (7:15pm and 9:15pm)
- The X Factor – New series (Saturday 8pm ITV1)
- Secret Fortune – This week has Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull as lead-in. Good luck! (Saturday, 8:20pm, BBC1)
- Fort Boyard – and adventure fans are well catered for on France 2 (Saturday 7:35pm UK time, France 2)
Olympic Games? WHAT Olympic Games?
In other news, it looks like another episode of Bother’s Bar favourite quiz-with-deathtraps Japanese show Escape Game DERO! has been translated into English. And here it is! Only three rooms this time though.
Finally US host Bill Rafferty passed away at 68 over the weekend. Here’s a video of him hosting the original US version of Every Second Counts: