As you’ve doubtless gathered, it’s basically Christmas and basically I’m out having various dinners because I’m so popular and that. Expect a low level of service over the period (although I’ll be around variously and it’s the final Schlag den Raab of the year on Saturday and Placebo are on it! So look out for that.), there’s not much news about anyway. However here are some things you might have missed:
- Pointless Celebrities on Saturday outrated Sports Personality of the Year in the overnights, the award show that middle-class ratings watchers said would beat the X Factor Final. Ha ha, no. Former host Jake Humphrey SHOWED HIS DISPLEASURE:
How can ‘Pointless Celebrities’ average a higher audience than Sports Personality this weekend?!? That is simply daft! #SPOTYIsLegendary
— Jake Humphrey (@mrjakehumphrey) December 16, 2013
- Paolo Bonolis’ agent has threatened they’ll stop making Avanti un Altro! if another Mediaset channel dares to put Big Brother on opposite it. AUA is frequently breaking its audience records. Ah! Italian television. Anyway, perhaps he can host a UK version, which would likely be terrible otherwise.
- We’re having a chat about The Genius series two here. It is, as ever, interesting.
- Wie is de Mol? begins on January 2nd. We have a page set up for it.
- De Slimste is BACK in the Netherlands! It’s only been a few months since the last series.
- The first Bother’s Bar Monthly Open poker game will be on January 5th. Registration is not yet open, but you can certainly join the poker club right now. Actually can I still call it an Open if you have to join a club for it? Never mind.
- And finally, we’re aware that regular punter and supplier of lots of feature material for this site Travis Penery has been very ill (as in intensive care ill) recently, and we wish him all the best for a speedy recovery.