We are totally stoked for this, something I reckon they should have done *years* ago, for the next two weeks to bring eleven years of Deal or No Deal to a close the Banker is taking his boxes on tour. But not just to places like, I don’t know, Acton or Weston-Super-Mare, that would not be very Noel Edmonds. Instead we’re getting TV’s most innovative man Noel Edmonds in excelsis – they’re doing it on The Flying Scotsman! They’re doing it hundreds of feet underground in Wookey Hole! And they’ll be playing Deal or No Deal on an actual in-flight aeroplane!
The game is the same, the classic original 22 box formula without modern day fripperies like the Offer Button and the rubbish Box 23. The board is hysterically lo-tech. The point is you can play the game literally anywhere, and so we’re really interested to see how it’s staged in each location. Although actually we know how they staged it at Alexandra Palace because I was there.
- Monday 12th: The Flying Scotsman
- Tuesday 13th: The Eden Project
- Wednesday 14th: Warwick Castle
- Thursday 15th: Alexandra Palace
- Friday 16th: Trafford Centre, Manchester
- Monday 19th: Blackpool Tower
- Tuesday 20th: Wookey Hole, Somerset
- Wednesday 21st: On a Boeing 747
- Thursday and Friday – don’t know at time of writing, but they filmed one in the Lion’s enclosure at Longleat, Wiltshire and at the Kelvingrove Museum in Glasgow.