Once again the questions have been supplied by our very good friends at QuizQuizQuiz.com. Check them out for all your question-based needs.
Here is Episode 02: The Halloween Stroke Guy Fawkes Stroke David vs Goliath SPECIAL. It’s about 27 minutes long.
And now, your show notes (you are advised to listen to the podcast before proceeding):
- This month’s contestants are Only Connect dungeon master David Bodycombe and host of Fifty 50 Lewis Murphy. Lewis was a last minute stand in guest, I was intending on having him on next month but I bought him forward. The original intention was Mark Labbett aka The Beast, but his internet went down the night previous. I’m very much hoping to have Mark come on in the future. In fact listening to it back, there’s one link where I haven’t changed the name in the script. Why not listen out for that?
- Lewis very kindly recorded his stuff on Audacity for me and when it came to editing it was a pig trying to overlay his stuff with the MP3 Skype recorder stuff. So I just ended up just using the MP3 Skype Recorder stuff, sorry Lewis.
- There’s nowhere left to go with the “boring pub quiz machine” references. So I’ve turned The Machine into effectively Dusty Bin. Its official name is QUIZALCOATAL, although I think I made a pretty hamfisted attempt at trying to get the QUIZ element of the pun across. Never mind.
- David reckons if he was up against Mark the ordering would have been moot as he’d have got 14 of them right anyway. If you’re reading Mark, do let us know how you’d have got on. I think it would be slightly fewer.
- The creaky door was a last minute addition.
- I swapped round the music beds for round two and three, and I’m not sure it’s quite as good a change as I originally thought.
- If there’s a feeling this episode is a bit last minute and rushed that’s because it sort of is, I had a cold and general lethargy end of last month and it was a bit hastily cobbled together. I think it’s a fairly decent edit though, considering.
- As ever here is the QuizQuizQuiz.com question spreadsheet – see if you agree with the official setters. Shampoo was very undervalued by the contestants – surely if you’ve got all their albums and you don’t recognise it that should set an alarm bell off? Still. Don’t forget that when the contestants receive their questions, they come without the answers.
- I know the intention is to try and keep the running time to 25-26 minutes, but David and Lewis were coming out with entertaining stuff so it’s a few minutes longer. So what are you going to do?
- I think that’s it, only to say that I’m always interested in potential contestants, so if you would like a go then please let me know somehow so I can add you to the list. It won’t be first come first served, I’m always going to go for an entertaining angle if I can, but I’ll try not to make you wait forever.