Yes yes, I know it’s Eurovision tonight (and Thursday) (and Saturday) but we live in a FAST MOVING WORLD, so here are some interesting things we’ve gathered today:
- Can you draw? Victory Television are looking for people to draw something for Draw It! The prize is a verbal or written credit. The pilot filmed today, so if you went let us know what you think. I think if it’s an hour it’s dead before it begins, and we hope it places heavy emphasis on comedy.
- SRO Audiences seemed to have turned something up called The Face for Sky Living, which seems to be a modelling version of The Voice, featuring Naomi Campbell as a mentor. I look forward to seeing how the blind auditions pan out for that. Actually it might be more like The X Factor, but that doesn’t allow me to make a clever joke.
- The people behind The Amazing Race and Lord of the Rings are planning a reality game called The Quest for ABC. Details via The Futon Critic, but it sounds Very Much Like The Sort Of Thing We Like, although we’re not massive fans of LOTR, or indeed The Amazing Race these days.
- Whodunnit? starts in the US on June 23rd. I’m looking forward to this, especially if they don’t take it too seriously (the show’s being hosted by the estate’s butler, which is a good sign). Something doesn’t quite add for me about the premise – there’s a murder mystery each week, but one of the contestants is also the murderer but a different murderer murdering the contestants and they’ll be unmasked at the end of the series which sounds a little silly, but I’m hoping I’ve missed some important plot point and that it’s an enjoyable reversioning of Mole-der in Small Town X.
- New episodes of Pointless begin May 27th.
- Finally this Saturday some folks in the US are doing a 24 Hour Game Show Marathon for cancer charities. Last year it was quite good fun, this year they have bigger intentions, and it will all be streamable. If you enjoy it, give generously. And if you want to participate then donate more than $25 now for a chance. The fun begins at noon Baltimore time, which is 5pm UK time.