Ten Dutch celebrities go to Hong Kong and who knows where else to perform tasks. Succeeding at these tasks earns money for a pot that one of them will win. But one of the celebrities is playing a different game – they’re being paid to sabotage the tasks without drawing attention to themselves. Watch people’s actions very carefully as winning this game doesn’t come from completing tasks, it comes from most successfully answering the ultimate question: Who Is The Mole?
Thanks to our Dutch friends (led by ThatDarkSpark) we are able to follow and play along on Youtube. You will need to put the English subtitles on when watching the videos.
You can also play along with Dan Peake’s The Suspect List game, details here.
To avoid spoilers, I will link to videos and the beginning of discussion here. I ask people not to spoil anything specific until the English translation has gone up, then it’s fair game.
- Episode one video, Episode one discussion
- Episode two video, Episode two discussion
- Episode three video, episode three discussion
- Episode Four video, episode four discussion
- Episode five video, episode five discussion
- Episode six video, episode six discussion
- Episode seven video, episode seven discussion
- Episode eight video, episode eight discussion
- Episode nine video, episode nine discussion
- Episode 10, and of course we hope ThatDarkSpark is OK.
(With thanks to Squared Eyes, whose brilliant Dutch TV blog can be found here – from left to right)
1. Susan Visser – She is a very well known, experienced actress, acting mostly in comedy roles. Was one of the main characters in Gooise Vrouwen, the Dutch Desperate Housewives.
2. Maurice Lede – He might be the least recognized, as he is the host of ‘Klokhuis’, an educational series for early teenagers, airing in access prime-time.
3. Tygo Gernandt – A very well known, extremely experienced and good actor, doing a lot of ‘bad guy, intense’ roles. He will probably do anything to win.
4. Jennifer Hoffman – She is a real pretty face, has been acting for a long time. Not the eye-catching roles, but always recognizable.
5. Owen Schumacher – One of the main comedians of NL, starring in his own TV show ‘Koefnoen’ (Little Britain like). Together with a partner, they do all kinds of impersonation sketches of famous and non famous, typical characters.
6. Daphne Bunskoek – Has been a host for years, did both public and commercial stuff. Is currently back on air for RTL4 with a new show ‘Volgende Week’.
7. Aaf Brandt Corstius – A columnist and writer, and personally for me together with Maurice the big unknown. She appears regularly in TV talkshow, but what she is like? No clue.
8. Freek Bartels – He is currently one of the main musical stars, since he won the (original BBC) TV show ‘In search of Joseph’ in 2008.
9. Sofie van den Enk – She is a young, energetic upcoming host, doing a range of shows for the public broadcaster KRO.
10. Jan-Willem Roodbeen – Probably a very unknown face to almost everyone, but his voice might be very recognizable, as he is a radio DJ on Radio 2, having an afternoon show and doing voice-overs.