Saturday, 8pm – 11:30-ish (UK),
Here and on Youtube
Hashtags: #sdb3, #imbackingbrig, #teamdan
We wanted to this years ago but real life got in the way (i.e. David and Dan were getting regular TV production gigs) and all it has taken was a worldwide pandemic to bring the internet together for our very own low-budget (but surprisingly high-budget and high-concept for a webshow one-off) take on legendary German show Schlag den Raab/Star. Daniel Peake and myself will take each other on over fifteen mystery games of knowledge, wit, strategy and dexterity devised by television’s very own David Bodycombe. Each game is worth an increasing amount of points – 1 for game one, two the game two, all the way to fifteen for game 15. 120 points on offer, so the first one to 61 points wins.
All we know is that viewer interactivity for some games has been promised, and we’ve each got a mystery box of items.
Here is Nick Gates (i.e. Brig Bother) pretending to be a bookie and talking in the third person on who is likely to do best on what tasks:
- Quiz: You see it’s interesting – Dan is a proper quiz writer and master whereas Nick is just some guy who writes about formats. You can never rule him out though, some of his biggest wins in the previous episodes have been in the quiz arena and it’s occasionally surprising what he can pull out at short notice.
- Wit: Dan is undoubtably better at puzzle solving and wordplay. Nick is funnier though, I think we can all agree.
- Strategy: Surprisingly (to him), Nick has come out on top on many of the pure strategy events in the past – he’s a bit route one, but he picks up a game very quickly. Dan was quite good at Duck Duck Goose or whatever the bloody hell it was called.
- Dexterity: Pretty even I think, Nick may surprise but just easily might just blame blaming having a weak eye for the more 3D events. He hopes there isn’t much crafting.
- Six years have passed: And Nick has been on blood pressure tablets and has put on weight since the last one so there’s likely to be a worsening of his skills he’s happy to blame on being almost 39 now. Dan is the same age Nick was when he won, which may or may not be an advantage I don’t know.
- Who is going to win? Nick will win the first eleven games for a 66-0 victory.
You can watch the first two here: