Alright, let’s see what you’ve sent in…
- Rat in the Kitchen – the latest Possessed hit – is coming. It’s a weekly mini The Mole-meets-Masterchef and has a pilot already filmed with Ms. Giedroyc.
JUST BLOODY DO THE MOLE, GLENN.
- Almost as soon as the US one was announced, a UK revival of Weakest Link based on the new US version was definitely being considered, but in the last week or so that seems to have stopped, it’s not been confirmed what’s happening with that either way.
I’m wondering what happened to the impetus the Children in Need special had three years ago? People seemed to like it (even though it was frankly a bit rubbish, not unlike the US one) and it rated pretty decently and it sounded like Anne was up for making more. It actually had many of the same issues – quizzing too slow, chain was rubbish, seemingly little thought put into formatting. Kudos to the person who almost got one through suggesting up and coming host Ross Clark was being lined up for a revival, until I remembered who Ross Clark was.
- Not sure if Stool-worthy but Legends of The Hidden Temple-rebooter Quibi is currently failing to find a possible seller, with Apple, Facebook and WarnerMedia confirming they have no interest. They’ve also come under fire very recently for producing an advert on YouTube which included a jumpscare (Twitter link, no video).
- Nickelodeon’s Crystal Maze will air January 2021, nothing is changing in its production other than masks worn by crew during filming and cleaning of each zone during stop downs and transitions. It’s not really juicy gossip, just a surprise considering Fort Boyard 2020, but then again. I guess the family is inside their own household bubble so.
- I have had some info from a Viacom insider regarding their contingency plans in regards to the American Crystal Maze Series if they cannot get to the UK within the next 6 months. They are considering building their own set and will be located in a secret location. From my understanding i believe it will be filmed in a airhangar similar to how supermarket sweep (US) was filmed earlier this year.
I think we’d all like to see what an American Crystal Maze set would look and feel like – I imagine the main thing would be keeping Adam and the families apart which might be quite difficult if the windows are all in the doors and whatever.
You’d think Richard Ayoade would be in his element hosting a socially distanced version. As it turns out, there are still six celeb episodes filmed 18 months ago that still haven’t been shown yet, except on Australian cable.
- Some discussion being had of international versions of Taskmaster ending up on All4. Likely to just be Taskmaster: New Zealand if anything, but there had been discussion of the Scandinavian versions also.
I would be very intrigued by the take-up if this is true. It sounds like the Scandinavian versions are viewed pretty positively from those who have seen them.
- I have heard that the Dutch Mol filmed or films in Germany. Based on my source I am not entirely sure, whether this is true or whether they mistook the Dutch with the Belgians, but it seems about 80% sure that one of them filmed or films in Germany.
I’ve also heard Norway and Switzerland are possible locations for either as well.
- Darragh Ennis set to debut on The Chase on Tuesday 20th October.
You heard it here first! Unless it’s wrong.
- Pilot made recently for ITV called ‘Headstrong‘; a cross between Ninja Warrior and WWTBAM. Answer a question, attack the obstacle course. I hear that the contestants they had were fine with the questions but not so good with the assault course and nobody completed it over a very long day of recording!
This sounds like a fun idea!
- A nest full of dead ospreys was found near where The Bridge was filmed. Production naturally got the blame, so they had to pay for a vet to do a post-mortem, which determined that they died long before the crew turned up.
I have no idea if this is true or not but I love the story.
- Richard Bacon BBC daytime quiz “Spinning Around” has a pilot coming up. Main game looks to be somewhat roulette themed.
JUST BLOODY DO GAMBIT, RICHARD.
And that’s all the weather! FOR NOW.