Here’s a quick round-up of shows looking for audiences and shows looking for contestants:
- It’s Not Me, It’s You – Panel game about dating and relationships hosted by Eamonn Holmes with team captains Kelly Brook and Vicky Pattison. “Expected guests include: Chris Kamara, Stacey Solomon, Nina Wadia & Chris Ramsey.” Films on the South Bank in June, tickets SRO.
- 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown – filming at MediaCity 13th and 30th June and 4th August. Tickets SRO.
- I don’t know if this has a title but it involves Noel Fielding and celebs doing and talking about Japanese gameshows for Channel 4. Not unfortunately a UK version of the I Survived a Japanese Gameshow format as far as I know. Films at MediaCity on 5th June (that’s next Sunday), tickets SRO.
- Debatable – New BBC2 quiz (IIRC) where Patrick Kielty is joined by three celebrity guests who will try and help a player to win big money by debating the possible answers. Records variously in June at the Fountain, Wembley. Tickets Applause Store.
- A League of Their Own – returns to Sky 1 AND SKY 1 HD, filming end of June and early July at Elstree. Tickets Applause Store.
- QI – with new host Sandi Toksvig, recording 6th and 7th June. Tickets Applause Store.
- Tipping Point: Lucky Stars – The show everyone just calls Celebrity Tipping Point films at the Fountain in Wembley in July. Tickets Lost in TV.
- Debatable – if you’re quick you can still apply for this, lines close 3rd June.
- Make Me an Egghead – They’re looking for people to join the Eggheads and they’re going to do it with a quiz tournament, not unlike Are You An Egghead? from a while back (in fact from the blurb it’s exactly the same show with a new title). You’ve got until 15th June to apply.
- Think Tank – Coming back for a second series and looking for players, you’ve got until June 15th to apply.
- Would You Like To Team Up With Your Dog? Probably not the usual thing I’d publicise but it sounds quite fun. Will require two weeks in the Lake District from the end of August. Will also require you to have a dog. Closing date 22nd July, here are the details.
- The BBC have an open contestant call for many of their returning shows (Bargain Hunt, Mastermind etc), it’s usually worth having the BBC’s Take Part page bookmarked to see what’s going down.
- ITV have got one as well, we’ll ignore The Chase and Tipping Point which are currently open, here are the juicier ones:
- Ninja Warrior UK – if you think you’ve got what it takes you’ve got until 1st July to apply, filming in Manchester this Summer.
- Cash Trapped – we’ve covered this, six contestants take part in a Bradley Walsh quiz to build up a pot, at the end of the show one of the contestants attempts to take the pot home by quizzing against the other five, if they win they win the money for themselves and everyone goes home, if they lose then the money is carried forward to the next episode but so are all the contestants. Based apparently on a game Bradley plays at home, his wife and kids currently remain in the cellar with a jackpot standing at £1.6m. You’ve got until 20th June to apply and don’t panic, this is only a ten episode run and they’re only filming for a week.
- Spotless – Possessed looking for pairs of contestants for a pilot physical gameshow with high gunge and hi-tech elements, two things that don’t normally mix, results could be explosive. Closing date for this is 10th July.
- Rebound – A twenty episode run this time round we understand. If you want to try and beat the bar you’ve got until 17th July to apply.
- Go For It – Impress Stephen Mulhern with your unusual talents which will be put to the test for a cash prize. This had been doing the rounds under Challenge Me but has had a name change. 24th June.
- Channel 4 have a Take Part page as well.